BookPage is the sole sponsor of the 2022 BookPage Reader Survey Sweepstakes and is solely responsible for this promotion and prizes associated.
1. How to enter: No purchase or internet access necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The 2022 BookPage Reader Survey (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00 A.M. Central Time (CST) on Jan 18, 2022, and ends at 11:59 P.M. CST on May 1, 2022 (“entry period”). To enter online, go to www.bookpage.com/survey. Follow the directions to complete the survey and complete the entry form, then click Submit. Entrants must complete all data requested on the form. BookPage must receive online entries by 11:59 P.M. CST on April 30, 2022. Limit one entry per person. Incomplete entries are void. BookPage assumes no responsibility for any computer, online, telephone, cable, network, electronic, or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, traffic congestion, or garbled or jumbled transmissions or service provider, website, or other accessibility or availability issues, unauthorized human intervention, or any other error, omission, or technical malfunction that may occur. Entrants shall be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain name associated with the submitted email address.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older on the date the Sweepstakes begins. Employees of BookPage and their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same household as such employees are ineligible. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void wherever prohibited by law.
3. Drawing: Eight (8) winners will be selected by a random drawing on or before May 10, 2022, from all eligible entries received. The prize drawing will be conducted at the BookPage office at 2143 Belcourt Ave, Nashville, TN 37212. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per person, family, or household from any BookPage–sponsored sweepstakes. Winners will be notified via email.
- One (1) Prize consisting of: Visa gift card (approximate retail value of $500.00)
- Two (2) Prizes consisting of: Kindle Paperwhite (approximate retail value of $189.99)
- Five (5) Prizes consisting of: Book Boxes consisting of four (4) t0 five (5) books in a specified genre, selected by BookPage editors (approximate retail value of$120.00)
Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion. BookPage reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event an offered prize is unavailable. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except as provided for at the sole discretion of BookPage.
5. General conditions: All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. The prizewinners will be required to respond to winner notification email by May 15, 2022, or else the prize will be forfeited. Return of a prize notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance Form, or any other failure to comply with any official rules will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
The winner grants BookPage the right to use and publish his or her legal name (first and last initial) and state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for BookPage and its affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies to use the participantsʼ names and likenesses for editorial, advertising, and promotional purposes without payment of additional compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrants release and hold harmless BookPage and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, any prize won, participation in any trip prize, any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. Caution: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SIERRA CLUB RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. Limitations of liability: BookPage assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, damaged, incomplete, incorrect or mutilated entries or for any computer, online, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, garbled, or jumped transmissions, service provider, internet, website, or other accessibility issues, or unauthorized human intervention, or any technical malfunctions that may occur. BookPage is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any misprints or typographical errors. BookPage assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. BookPage is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrantʼs or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of BookPage which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, BookPage reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT WILL BOOKPAGE, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND RELATED COMPANIES, ITS ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, OR ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE: bookpage.com/survey OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. Names of the winners: For a list of winners after May 15, 2022, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to BookPage Reader Survey Winners, BookPage, 2143 Belcourt Ave. Nashville, TN 37212, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.