Big update on The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy, which will hit stores November 15! ABRAMS and Harpo, Inc. released the cover and long list of distinguished contributors today.
With a foreword by Maya Angelou, the book commemorates 25 years of Oprah on the air and has a planned first printing of 350,000. It will include 150 photographs, as well as essays on the show’s impact from the following list of contributors:
- Bono and Nicholas Kristof on social action
- Ellen DeGeneres, Stanley Crouch, and Henry Louis Gates, Jr., on equality
- Julia Roberts and Diane von Furstenberg on culture and style
- Toni Morrison and Elie Wiesel on books
- Maria Shriver and Gloria Steinem on women’s issues
- Dr. Phil McGraw, Mark Nepo, and Marianne Williamson on personal growth
- Bob Greene and Dr. Mehmet Oz on health and wellness
- John Travolta and Phil Donahue with tributes to Ms. Winfrey
ABRAMS has been gearing up for this long before Oprah’s last show in May, when the ABRAMS CEO said in this BEA 2011 announcement, “There’s an audience of millions who have been touched by the show. . . I believe there’s a big audience out there for the book.”
You tell us . . . Oprah fans, are you excited about The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy?